I’m excited to announce that this winter Meteor House will be publishing a brand-new edition of The Song of Kwasin, the Khokarsa novel I coauthored with Philip Jose Farmer. The novel has been out of print since 2012, having sold out shortly after its publication in an omnibus of the first three books of the Khokarsa series. The novel has never before been available in a standalone edition. Here’s the preorder copy from the publisher:
US $22 tpb/$33 hc
5.5 × 8.5, 400+ pages
Unlimited Trade Paperback Edition
Signed Limited Edition Hardcover
(Signed by Christopher Paul Carey)
Meteor House is pleased to announce the first-ever standalone edition of Philip José Farmer and Christopher Paul Carey’s critically acclaimed novel The Song of Kwasin, the third volume of the Khokarsa series. The Song of Kwasin previously appeared only in an expensive hardcover omnibus collecting the first three novels of the Khokarsa series and it has never been published alone in its own volume! So if you’ve read Hadon of Ancient Opar and Flight to Opar, and have been waiting for the epic climax to Philip Jose Farmer’s original Khokarsa trilogy, this new Meteor House edition—available as both an affordable trade paperback and a collectible limited edition hardcover—is your chance to finally read the thrilling, adventure-packed third book!
Meteor House’s new edition of The Song of Kwasin also features cover art and a frontispiece by Hugo Award-winning artist Bob Eggleton as well as rare and previously unpublished bonus materials, including:
- A brand-new introduction by noted author and critic Paul Di Filippo*
- A Preface to the New Edition by Christopher Paul Carey *
- “Kwasin and the Bear God” by Philip José Farmer and Christopher Paul Carey (a 20,000-word novella featuring a lost adventure of Kwasin)
- The Khokarsan Calendar by Philip José Farmer**
- The Plants of Khokarsa by Philip José Farmer**
- A Guide to Khokarsa by Christopher Paul Carey (expanded from the guide in the
- Restored Edition of Flight to Opar)
- Notes on the Khokarsa Series by Philip José Farmer*
- Philip José Farmer’s Original Outline to The Song of Kwasin**
- Philip José Farmer’s Alternate Outline to The Song of Kwasin*
- Correspondence by Philip José Farmer to Frank J. Brueckel and John Harwood, authors of “Heritage of the Flaming God,” the monumental essay that inspired the Khokarsa series*
* Never before published.
** Only previously available in an out-of-print and extremely hard-to-find signed limited edition.
THE SONG OF KWASIN
Volume 3 of the Khokarsa Series
The epic sequel to Flight to Opar!
After years of exile in the Wild Lands, the giant warrior Kwasin of Dythbeth returns to the mighty Khokarsan Empire seeking the oracle’s forgiveness, only to find his native land torn asunder in a bloody civil war. The tyrannical King Minruth has usurped the throne from his daughter Awineth and, allied with the priests of the sun god Resu, overturned the beneficent, centuries-old rule of the priestesses of the goddess Kho. His spoiled cousin Hadon having fled with his companions to far-flung Opar, Kwasin soon finds he will have to take up the cause alone against Minruth the Mad.
Wielding his massive Ax of Victory, forged from the heart of a fallen star, Kwasin sets out to reconquer the throne of Khokarsa. But when he finds himself caught between a vengeful queen who seeks to control him and a conspiring priest who wants him dead, Kwasin must decide between reining in his unruly passions or unleashing them in a fury that could hurl the empire into oblivion. For the high priestess has decreed that unless Kwasin can master his wild nature and stop King Minruth before he attains immortality in an unholy ritual of the sun god, Great Kho will destroy all the land!
Click here to preorder The Song of Kwasin.